Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2007 Summer Camp First Week

See more photos from Summer Camp First Week

I love u. Miss Gloria.
- Felicia

I like camp.
- Emily

I love music camp!
- Joyce Chen

I like music camp because there is nice teacher. Mrs. Gloria.

My first week of camp was fun, I guess. Most of my friends were there like Vivian, Lydia, Edith, Henry, Eunice, and Virgil was there. First day was clay and English. 2nd day was uhh... forgot and the rest of week was ok.
- Cindy

My first week of camp was quite fun, I think. We made some friends. My friends were Vivian, Cindy, Edith, Eunice, and maybe, just maybe Charlotte. My favorite classes were on Monday and Friday. On Monday, we had English and Pottery. In between, I kinda forgot and on the last day, we had origami and cooking. We had a pretty fun week, though.
- Lydia

This camp is fun and there're many interesting class. We're able to make new friends during the camp days. The classes can help me review the things I almost forgot about.
- Eunice

This camp is fun. For the first week I learned how to cook noodles! And solve a very hard problem which I can't solve. The lunch is really good. The teachers are really nice. I think that's about it for now...
- Michelle Chen

The only thing I like about camp is computers, math, and science with Hank.
- Henry

I made couple of new friends. the friends name are Jeffery and Charlie.
- Virgil

I made couple of new friends so I camp very much.
- Jeffery

I like camp because the things I like is math. I also like science.
- Charlie

I like camp very much. The lunches are delicious and the teachers are really nice. The activities and classes are really interesting. I have many friends here, like Eunice, Lydia, and Cindy, and Vivian. A TAYL councilor, Tyler, is also here. Miss Gloria teaches music and Toby helps with math and writing. Hank teaches us about random subjects like nutrition, Alan teaches English and Ho Chie talks to us about what it means to be ourselves. The parent volunteers have also helped out a lot. I really appreciate them. I think camp is awesome!
- Edith

My first week at camp was ummm... well... hmm weird. My first class on Monday... was math. The teacher was Hank. My second teacher was Ann. 3rd period was music, with Gloria. Huh ummm, I don't remember, like anything, until like Thursday. It was sorto fun, well Thursday was the funnest. Our last period well maybe Wednesday, we met Toby, the Rubiks cube Thursday, our last period, with Tyler, was my funnest day ever, I mean ever at camp. I mean literally, I never had so much fun. Tyler let us have fun during class and wasn't strict after we did what we were allowed to do what we wanted to do. It was really fun... I think I already said that. Yay! I'm very happy. I'm staying for the whole month. I'ma have fun! Hmmm... Tyler said he would come back if we were good! And I would be good, hmm, Tyler's like even funner than Ms. Lou. I never knew teacher could ever be so cool! I'm going to go for the second session... He's going to come like 2~3 times a week! He let's us have so much fun... well he can let it be fun learning, and still sorta be serious... I think I repeated a lot of stuff... but oh well!
- Vivian Siu

When my mother told me I had been volunteered to help out at TAC summer camp, I wasn't too sure I wanted to. But after a first day, I can say it is something I definitely want to come back to. The children here are absolutely a joy to work with. They're full of energy, ready to just have fun with anything, from writing stories to flying paper airplanes. I love being a part of this camp because it lets me get involved with the Taiwanese community. Because we are all Taiwanese, we feel an immediate bond, which becomes a great foundation to build new friendships. I have more to say.. but i just dont know how to put it into words, Honestly, I really do love working at this camp.
- Tyler

No comments: